- SATIN FINISH GRADE I WALNUT STOCK WITH CUT CHECKERING and DELUXE CHEEKPIECEplaces your eye in perfect alignment with open sights or a scope
- ONE-PIECE BOTTOM METAL WITH STEEL FLOORPLATE adds rigidity for better accuracy
- MATTE FINISHED METAL SURFACES reduce glare
- DUAL DECORATIVE STEEL CROSSBOLTS add strength, rigidity and a touch of stylish refinement
- FORGED STEEL RECEIVER WITH DOUBLE INTEGRAL RECOIL LUGS IS BEDDED FRONT AND REAR to eliminate shifts in zero for exceptional long-range accuracy
- PRE-’64 STYLE CONTROLLED ROUND FEED WITH CLAW EXTRACTOR fully controls the cartridge from magazine, to chamber, to ejection
The Model 70™ Safari Express in a matte blued finish is the perfect choice for your once-in-a-lifetime hunt because it’s built to handle the heavy cartridges necessary to take dangerous game. Important details like the Pre-’64 type claw extractor, Pachmayr® Decelerator® recoil pad, barrel band front swivel base, hooded-blade front sight and express-style rear sight make the Safari Express ideal for any African hunt. The dual recoil lugs and two steel stock reinforcing crossbolts handle the punishment from heavy magnum loads. The time-tested Three-Position Safety has been a hallmark of the Model 70 for decades. The secure hex socket action screws won’t snag on clothing, and the one-piece steel trigger guard helps maintain rigidity and provides added strength. The handsome cheekpiece positions your eye instantly and firmly on target. Flip open the flush-mounted, hinged steel magazine floorplate for fast and easy unloading. Large calibers are available, making the Model 70 Safari Express the finest big game rifle in the world.