The Vanguard 8×42 Sereno Binocular is a unit which presents a great value in a popular size configuration. Vanguard’s packed the Sereno full of excellent features, including phase-coated BaK4 prisms and a comfortable 17mm of eye relief.
Unlike a hunter’s binocular, Vanguard has given the Sereno multicoatings which target the green color spectrum, for enhanced nature observation. The waterproof and fogproof Sereno has water-dispersing external coatings which help to shed precipitation quickly.
The 8×42 configuration is the most popular ‘classic’ choice for those wanting to own a single full size binocular. Most people can comfortably hold an 8x power unit for extended periods without fatigue; many cannot easily keep a 10x binocular steady. The 8×42 also provides a wider field of view than 10x42s, allowing an easier time of keeping fast-moving subjects in your vision.
- Fully multicoated optics with Emerald coatings to render full spectrum of color within green tones (essential for nature observation)
- HydroGuard external hydrophobic coating upon objectives allows easier cleaning, dust/dirt resistance, and better observation in wet weather conditions
- P2 phase-coated roof prisms
- Twist-up eyecups simplify sharing unit
- Rubber-armored magnesium housing
- Discreet dark green finish won’t startle wildlife