The Ruger Hawkeye FTW Hunter is the latest addition to the Hawkeye line-up of hunting rifles. Ruger, in partnership with the Sportsman’s All-Weather, All-Terrain Marksmanship (SAAM) school at the world famous FTW Ranch in Texas, specifically designed the Hawkeye FTW Hunter as a precision, all-weather, multipurpose hunting rifle capable of performing at a high level in a wide range of brutal conditions.
FTW’s design brief was to build a hunting rifle that can make longer than average (though still ethical) shots if necessary. Built on the venerable Hawkeye action, the FTW Hunter uses the same non-rotating, Mauser-type controlled round feed extractor that has earned such a good reputation for reliability with hunters and shooters around the world. Like all Ruger Hawkeye rifles, it has a three position safety and LC6 trigger.
With a tough laminate stock wrapped in a Natural Gear Camo, hammer forged barrel, muzzle brake system, and an adjustable length of pull system, this is one rifle that delivers accuracy and adaptability in equal measure.
- Tough and stable laminate stock wrapped in a Natural Gear Camo pattern.
- Floorplate features an engraved FTW logo and patented latch that is flush with the trigger guard to avoid accidental dumping of cartridges.
- Cold hammer-forged barrel results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning.
- The Ruger Muzzle Brake System includes a removable, radial-port muzzle brake that significantly reduces felt recoil. For times when the brake is not preferred, it may be replaced by the included dynamically-matched muzzle weight. Switching between the brake and the weight will not change the bullet’s point of impact for a particular load. The included thread protector may be used if neither the brake nor the weight is desired.
- Non-rotating, Mauser-type controlled round feed extractor is the most positive case extraction system ever invented, and features a fixed blade-type ejector that positively ejects the empty cases as the bolt is moved fully rearward.
- Patented integral scope mounts, machined directly on the solid-steel receiver, provide a stable mounting surface for scope rings, eliminating a potential source of looseness and inaccuracy in the field (scope rings included).
- Three-position safety is easily accessible and allows the shooter to lock the bolt or to load and unload the rifle with the safety engaged.
- Soft rubber buttpad with buttpad spacers that allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters or varying levels of outerwear (three 1/2″ spacers included).
- Also includes: rugged one-piece, stainless steel bolt; studs for mounting sling swivels.
- 22″ or 24″ barrel (calibre specific)
- Weight 7.6lbs/7.8lbs/8.2lbs (calibre specific)
|ITEM CODE||CALIBRE||MAG CAP|