- Patented detachable rotary magazine mounts flush with the stock to eliminate protrusions at the rifle’s balance point.
- The .22 LR models’ magazines hold 10 rounds, 9 in the 17HMR and 22WMR
- Solid, heat-treated alloy steel action that features a one-piece right-hand turning bolt with 90-degree bolt lift and ultra-fast lock time for added accuracy.
- Patented integral scope rings that attach directly to the receiver’s machined mounting surfaces, eliminating a potential source of looseness and inaccuracy in the field (included at no extra cost).
- Easily accessible three-position safety that allows the shooter to lock the bolt, or to load and unload, with the safety engaged.
- Target Grey® 77/22 models feature unique, highly polished, low-glare finish stainless steel that allows you to find your target quickly without scaring game away.
- Integral sling swivels on All-Weather® models. All other models feature studs for mounting sling swivels.
Small Game Fun in a Full-Size Rifle. In 1983, Ruger® responded to the many shooters who desired a high-quality, adult-size rimfire rifle – one that was built to centerfire standards of strength, accuracy and aesthetics. Focused on building a rifle that was accurate, economical, and extremely handsome, Bill Ruger launched the family of bolt-action rifles using the rotary magazine.
Comparing favorably with custom-made firearms, the innovative 77/22® (available in .22 LR, .22 Mag. or .17HMR), the 22LR, 22WMR and the flat-shooting and superbly accurate 77/17® have all established themselves as the perfect rifle for small game hunters, ranchers, and long-range informal “plinkers.” Offered in a variety of calibers and configurations, these rifles boast all of the technological advancements of the M77® Mark II rifle with the rugged and utterly dependable Ruger detachable rotary magazine.